Monday, May 4, 2009

The Whole Kit-n-Kaboodle

So! It's been near a month since I've updated this blog, but a lot has been happening (including me losing the connector cable to my camera). The most recent drama is that somehow our chickens have been escaping. One was found yesterday, but the other is still MIA. The longer she is away from home, the more I worry we've lost her for good. I'll be calling shelters today to see if anyone has picked her up. If you're on the westside and have seen a buff orpington roaming around, please leave a comment or if you know me, give me a call.

Update: Still no word on our buff.... Perhaps she'll show up in our backyard someday, but for now, we've resigned ourselves to having lost our beloved Buffy.

Here are some shots of my blooming backyard:


...and...


So, here is what I've got going in the form of projects:


This is one of my specialty yarns....

And below is my first attempt at dyeing anything


Here is the same stuff spun up for my weaving project!

*Sigh*
Speaking of spun stuff, I need to get back to doing that. My goal is to finish the turquoise and then start on the blue so that I can switch back and forth between the colors on my weaving project. Back to the wheel!

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is beautiful! It makes me wonder what our garden in Cali will look like. =) Are you done with the turquoise yet? Have you gotten anywhere on your thesis concepts?

    ReplyDelete